LIMU ORIGINAL, The Limu Company's flagship product, is a marketing phenomenon sold in dozens of countries. While recognized around the world, the LIMU ORIGINAL heavy glass bottle was expensive to ship and prone to breakage. Moreover, an update was needed to reinvigorate the brand and solve multiple performance issues. Studio One Eleven's design reboot included:
- An eco-friendly, BPA-free PET plastic container that significantly lowers shipping costs and virtually eliminates breakage while still communicating premium quality.
- A slimming, taller silhouette that speaks to the product story.
- A structural grip feature framing the new vertical logo and graphics.
- A new tamper-evident closure that replaces the existing metal cap.
- A two-color black and silver shrink neck band located below the closure that maintains brand identity even after opening.
- A modern reinterpretation of the brand's iconic 'harvest man' logo on the package front.
The one-liter PET bottle in LIMU ORIGINAL uses 86% less material than glass and 39% less energy to manufacture. It also reduces greenhouse gas emission by 66%, eliminates 229 metric tons in annual carbon dioxide emissions, and provides environmental savings of waste, gas, and power during the manufacturing process.
The new design took a bronze medal at the Global Package Design Awards.