PODCAST: How Berlin Packaging Returned Over $250 Million of EBITDA Back To Their Customers
Our CEO, Andrew Berlin, often reminds people that "Anyone who has taken a shower has had a good idea." The point is to take those ideas and act to build something innovative and valuable.
Berlin Packaging has built a unique model of creating value (e.g., millions of EBITDA generated for customers), delivering value, (e.g., 99% on-time delivery for 11 years and counting), and capturing value (e.g., growing multiple times faster than the packaging industry overall).
This podcast is about the passion to make a significant contribution to customer bottom lines. That passion was a catalyst over the years to evolve the Berlin Packaging business model beyond breaking bulk, into a Hybrid Packaging Supplier® model.
In this 30 minute podcast Dirk Beveridge, Founder of UnleashWD, speaks with Berlin Packaging leaders, Andrew Berlin, Chairman and CEO, and Jeremy Lagomarsino, Executive Vice President of Business Development and Strategy, and together they discuss:
- The challenge with being viewed as the middleman.
- What you call yourself when you do more than break bulk.
- Why being technologically agnostic allows Berlin Packaging to create and deliver value in innovative ways.
- Why value added services are outdated.
- How the Berlin Packaging eco-system of services creates stickiness.
- How Berlin Packaging quantifies how much more EBITDA customers make as a consequence of doing business with them.
- How Berlin's culture of celebrating entrepreneurship leads to their ability of helping emerging business grow into something great.
- How Berlin's business model takes the platitude out of win-win to demonstrably create a win-win relationship with interests that are totally aligned.
- Why Berlin Packaging wrote a white paper titled "Don’t do business with brokers and distributors."